support@kopiandproperty.com

Advertisement Banner

covid

Has Omicron wave peaked? Safety precautions must continue.

I have not brought my family out for meals in restaurants for the past 2 weeks. I think it’s my responsibility to keep my family safe. Omicron is weaker than Delta as many studies have suggested but it’s very much more easier to get infected and no one knows what is the final outcome.

My wife and I have received our booster shots. My kids, both below 12 have also received their first shot as well 2 weeks ago. We are well protected but we continue to take precautions. We continue to wear masks properly. We continue to avoid any places with lots of people. I think majority of Malaysians are doing the same; booster shots taken and all the precautions. Perhaps the Omicron wave is weakening already from some recent indications.

Article in theedgemarkets.com Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said it is too early to say if Malaysia has gone past the Omicron peak. In a tweet on Monday (Feb 28), Khairy said the country’s daily Covid-19 infectivity rate (Ro/Rt) had steadily come down to 1.05.

Article in nst.com.my Health Minister Khairy Jamaluddin proposed the standard operating procedures (SOP) for the country to reopen its borders at the Covid-19 Quartet Ministers Meeting today. Khairy says that he had also recommended the SOPs for congregational prayers at mosques as well as the regulations on operation hours for restaurants to be reviewed.

Article in theedgemarkets.com Only 186 cases or 0.81% of the 23,100 new Covid-19 infections recorded in Malaysia on Monday (Feb 28) were in Categories 3 to 5. Health director-general Tan Sri Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the remaining 22,914 cases (99.19%) were mild and asymptomatic infections in Categories 1 and 2.

Article in nst.com.my Travellers under the Malaysia-Singapore Vaccinated Travel Lane (VTL), One Stop Centre (OSC) and those from the United Kingdom (UK) no longer need to undergo the one-week Covid-19 tests after arrival starting Thursday. (2nd March 2022)

Article in thestar.com.my Malaysia’s Foreign Ministry said that it was negotiating with 12 countries to implement the Vaccinated Travel Lanes (VTL). These include Brunei, Indonesia, Singapore, Vietnam, Thailand, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Korea and the United Kingdom.

If Omicron is not considered under control…

Reopening our borders will not be something we actively pursue and furthermore it’s with 12 countries. Perhaps even more in the near future. Number of Categories 3 to 5 would start getting higher and not the current low numbers. It’s a fact that everyone of us would have a friend who is Covid positive.

However, it’s also a fact that most who caught it would soon recover if they were fully vaccinated and has no health complications. Testing requirements for 7 days would have been continued if those tests have revealed something negative.

Yes, looking forward to better days ahead for 2022. Yes, I already have a few coffee sessions planned starting next week too. The plan to travel more in 2022 remains intact. Stay safe. Cheers.

Property News Malaysia? Sign up for daily investment news updates (FREE since Nov 2013 and FOREVER). Alternatively, Follow me on Telegram here.

Please LIKE kopiandproperty.com FB page to get daily updates about the property market beyond kopiandproperty.com articles. Else, follow me on Twitter here.

Next suggested article: Denmark and Covid-19. Actual numbers

Property Investment always start with knowledge. Equip ourselves with more here.

Motion arrow towards right
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Motion arrow towards right
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Charles Tan The Founder The Writer Kopiandproperty
Charles Tan

Charles is Founder of kopiandproperty.com He writes from his investment experience for the the past 20 years in investments including property, stock, unit trust and more as well as readings and conversations with many property gurus in the industry. kopiandproperty.com is an independent property blog which is not affiliated to any media company, property developer or even real estate agencies.

Advertisement Banner

Facebook Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Table of Contents

Most Recent Posts

join the family

Like us for daily investment news and more

Hit the like