PRESS RELEASE Rio City Interchange at Bandar Puteri Puchong is now open
The official opening of Rio City Interchange at Bandar Puteri Puchong marks the completion of the infrastructure upgrading works and expansion of Lebuh Puteri at Bandar Puteri Puchong. This RM90 million project, which is wholly-funded by IOI Properties Group Berhad (“IOIPG”), is to improve traffic flow and connectivity of Bandar Puteri Puchong.
The event was officiated by Selangor State Exco Yang Berhormat Tuan Ng Sze Han, Timbalan Datuk Bandar Subang Jaya Tn. Hj. Mohd Zulkurnain, IOIPG Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Voon Tin Yow, IOIPG Chief Operating Officer Teh Chin Guan and MBSJ Councillor George Yap Kok Weng.
Located at the intersection of Lebuh Puteri and Persiaran Puteri in front of IOI Galleria @ Puchong, the Rio City Interchange connects to the heart the 1,000-acre Bandar Puteri Puchong township with approximately over 30,000 households and business owners, four blocks of office towers at Puchong Financial Corporate Centre, IOI Rio (a smart next-gen mixed development) and Four Points by Sheraton Puchong.
Since 2016, upgrading and construction works on the interchange have been completed in two phases. The improved infrastructure is key to providing greater accessibility and connectivity, which enables Bandar Puteri Puchong to continue to thrive. The upgrading was undertaken by IOIPG despite having handed over the infrastructure to the authorities.
In the first phase, upgrading works to road infrastructure at Lebuh Puteri began from August
2016 to September 2019 and included the following:
• Construction of a flyover from LDP to Lebuh Puteri Puchong to improve connectivity towards Bandar Puteri Puchong.
• Construction of a 35-metre covered pedestrian bridge and a covered walkway to improve accessibility for pedestrians travelling between Puchong Financial Corporate Centre (PFCC) and LRT Perindustrian Puchong.
For the second phase, upgrading works continued at Lebuh Puteri from February 2019 to April 2022, which included the following:
• Construction of a dedicated underpass for direct access into IOI Rio to ease the burden of road traffic at Lebuh Puteri.
• Construction of an additional underpass (80 meters in length) beneath Rio City Interchange to smoothen the flow of traffic within Bandar Puteri Puchong.
• Other infrastructure upgrades include the construction of a pedestrian linked bridge from the commercial area of The Cube to Rio City, pedestrian crossing with signal lights, upgrading of street lights to LED lights and new walkways.
Apart from the upgrading of infrastructure, IOIPG also enhanced the landscaping in the area. “In line with our vision of being a Trusted. brand, IOIPG is investing in building sustainable communities. This infrastructure upgrading project further demonstrates our commitment to our vision,” said IOIPG Chief Executive Officer Dato’ Voon Tin Yow.
— end of press release —
Property News Malaysia? Sign up for daily investment news updates (FREE since Nov 2013 and FOREVER). Alternatively, Follow me on Telegram here.
Please LIKE kopiandproperty.com FB page to get daily updates about the property market beyond kopiandproperty.com articles. Else, follow me on Twitter here.
Next suggested article: True cost of a property is not when we are young