Everyone, this is serious. I think every media outlet must do their part to alert everyone about this and not to take it lightly. Please refer to the official news from the Health Minister himself here. He announced that Malaysia has confirmed three cases of the Wuhan coronavirus in Malaysia. All the three are China nationals from Wuhan and are the family members of the 66-year old Chinese patient detected in Singapore recently. He said, “While they did not show symptoms, lab tests confirmed that they have the virus. We have placed them under observation and isolation at the Sungai Buloh hospital and all three patients are in stable condition.” Full article here.
Header Image from World Health Organisation (WHO) Important reminders as below. (click here) Please take care everyone! Look out for symptoms and please be alert all the time.
How do we prevent ourselves and loved ones from this potentially fatal virus? Please note that there are no vaccines to prevent 2019-nCoV infection currently. These are MUST-DO steps everyday. Reference: Centre for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Thank you for reading and please start taking this more seriously. Take care everyone and may everyone be safe until this is fully contained and stopped.
Next suggested article: If interest rates kept going up, how long could we hold on?