The following are a compilation of people and what they do before they could be known as a billionaire or for some, now a multi-billionaire. Understanding what they do allows us to also examine if we could also come up with some novel ideas, get funded and make it successful throughout the world. It used to be impossible, it’s now possible. By the way, if we could write very well (novel…fiction…), we could also become a billionaire! (look below). I tried to google for bloggers who become billionaires from their blogs, I could not find any, yet. Haha. Read on.
- Jeffrey Preston Bezos is an American technology entrepreneur, investor and philanthropist. He is the founder of Amazon and is the first person with a net worth surpassing $150bil. The stock price for Amazon is USD1,639.83. He owns 16% of e-commerce colossus Amazon which he founded in a garage in Seattle, 1994.
- Sara Treleaven Blakely is an American billionaire businesswoman and founder of Spanx. She was named in Time magazine’s “Time 100” of 100 most influential people in the world. She is worth USD1.1bil while her company is valued at USD1bil.
- Michael Rubens Bloomberg is an American businessman, politician, author and philanthropist. His estimated net worth is $51.8bil.
- Warren Edward Buffett is an American business magnate, investor, speaker and philanthropist. He serves as the chairman and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway and has a net worth of USD82.9bil.
- Larry Ellison is an American businessman, entrepreneur and philanthropist. He’s the co-founder and executive chairman and chief technology officer of Oracle Corporation. His net worth is USD63.9bil.
- Elon Musk is a technology entrepreneur and engineer. He is the founder, CEO and lead designer of SpaceX, co-founder, CEO and product architect of Tesla, co-founder and CEO of Neuralink, founder of The Boring Company and cofounder of PayPal. Currently, his net worth is USD21.6bil.
- Larry Page is an American computer scientist and Internet entrepreneur who cofounded Google. His estimated net worth is USD51.4bil.
- JK Rowling is a British novelist, philanthropist, film producer, television producer and screenwriter, best known for her works of Harry Potter. Her net worth is roughly USD1bil.
- George Soros is a Hungarian-American investor and philanthropist. He had a net worth of USD8bil as of February 2018. As of 2019, his net worth is USD8.3bil.
- Oprah Winfrey is an American media executive, actress, talk show host, television producer and philanthropist, best known for her talk show The Oprah Winfrey Show which was the highest-rated television program of its kind. Winfrey’s net worth is USD2.5bil.
- Mark Zuckerberg if an American technology entrepreneur and philanthropist. Well-known for his company, Facebook. As of now, his net worth is USD60.3bil.
Enough inspiration already? Examples coming from internet success stories to talk show hosts and even stock experts. As for most of us who are still firmly entrenched in the corporate world, let’s also understand that working hard, climbing the corporate career ladder while at the same time investing our hard-earned money will also help us towards the road of a millionaire or a multi-millionaire. Do we want to know if we are above or below the earnings of people all around the world? Earlier article here: Benchmarking the richest in the world Briefly, if one has RM384,000 in wealth, you are already within the top 10% richest citizens of the world. Not that hard to achieve, really. Happy achieving.
Article written and edited by Charles. Billionaires information summarised by Dina Batrisyia.
written on 9 March 2019
Next suggested article: Are we saving, earning, investing and preserving?