My good friend Michael Geh forwarded one piece of good news for Malaysian developers in the world stage. It’s the 67th FIABCI World Congress which was attended by approximately 500 real estate industry leaders from 65 countries. It is held in Panama City, Panama this year. In fact this the first time this respected industry event has taken place in a Latin American country. It was reported in The Edge Property. In the Fiabci Prix d’Excellence Awards 2016, Malaysian projects took home four Gold and four Silver awards. This international property awards is organised by the International Real Estate Federation (Fiabci). These winners are all the winners from Malaysia who are competing with all the winners across the globe.
The four Gold winners from Malaysia are as follows:
- S P Setia Bhd’s Setia Corporate Headquarters in Setia Alam, Shah Alam in the Sustainable Development category
- The Mansions super-linked homes in Desa ParkCity, Kuala Lumpur by Perdana ParkCity Sdn Bhd in the Residential (Low-rise) category
- Selangor Dredging Bhd’s Dedaun, a luxury condominium in Ampang Hilir, Kuala Lumpur in the Residential (Mid-rise) category
- Batu Batu Resort Sdn Bhd’s Batu Batu Resort located in Pulau Tengah, Johor, in the Resort category.
The four Silver Award recipients are as follows:
- Senibong Cove in Johor by Front Concept Sdn Bhd in the Master Plan category.
- UEM Sunrise Bhd’s 28 Mont’Kiara in the Residential (High-rise) category
- Mammoth Empire’s Wolo Hotel located in Bukit Bintang, Kuala Lumpur in the Hotel category
- Menara Shell by Malaysia Resources Corp Bhd in the Office category.
With these medals, Malaysia won 25 percent of the 16 Gold winners and 30 percent of the 14 Silver Awards. This is definitely a great performance for a country which is growing in stature as a global property destination. The Fiabci World Prix d’Excellence Awards 2016 is held in conjunction with the Fiabci 67th World Real Estate Congress from May 21 to 26. This is an event attended by real estate brokers, property and asset managers, developers, financiers and other real estate practitioners. Happy following.
written on 26 May 2016
Next suggested article: Property Insight Prestigious Developers Award 2016